My family’s been making different variations of this salad for years, both at home and on camping trips. We make it at least once a week. It’s easy to throw together and packed with protein and fiber. I almost always use the steamed lentils from Trader Joe’s, but dried lentils cook up surprisingly quickly. Just be sure to season them with plenty of salt and pepper.
Lentil Spinach Salad
Yieldabout 6 servings
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time0 minutes
Activity GuideCar Camping, Bike Touring
- 1 7-ounce bag baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1/2 large cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- salad dressing of your choice (we like balsamic vinaigrette)
- Cutting board
- Large salad bowl
- Salad tongs or spoons
- Combine the spinach, lentils, grapes, cucumber, and toasted almonds. Serve with salad dressing of your choice.