Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner and for most of us, it marks the start of the camping season. We thought we would put together a list of our favorite Memorial Day camping recipes in case you’re heading out.
If you’re cooking up breakfast for a crowd:
- If you’re cooking for a crowd and you own a dutch oven, this Dutch Oven Breakfast Casserole is a sure hit.
- Dust off your old pie iron and make some Campfire Cinnamon Roll Waffles. It’ll work just fine if you have a regular pie iron, but waffle irons are fun if you’re looking for a new camping toy.
- Campfire Breakfast Potatoes are perfect with scrambled eggs and bacon.
For snacking during the day:
- Make this Spicy Peanut Dip at home and dip carrots, cucumbers and bell peppers in it for a healthy and satisfying snack.
- These Spicy Potato Flatbreads are one of my favorite snacks. They’re savory, and totally satisfying even if you eat them at room temperature (i.e. they’ve been sitting in your pack all day)
- Sometimes a packaged bar won’t do. Take these Blueberry Coconut Almond Bars along for a day hike.
Some of our favorite hearty and easy camping main dishes:
- We’re all about communal eating and a Bruschetta Picnic Potluck is one of our favorite ideas. Lots of little dips and spreads complement each other to create a fun eating experience.
- This Albondigas Soup is warm and filling, yet still feels summery and fresh.
- For a simple and delicious meal, Crunchy Skillet Fried Tacos are a crowd-pleaser.
Dessert, of course:
- If your trip includes kids, s’mores are a must, but mix it up a little bit and make some Campfire Cones one night.
- Impress your friends by making a from scratch caramel sauce at camp. This Toasted Pound Cake with Pineapple and Coconut Rum Caramel recipe is easier than it sounds!