We’ve been picnicking a LOT. The kids love it so much. They actually ask almost every day to go on a picnic. I love it because it keeps us outside longer, and because every meal we eat outdoors somehow feels like a celebration. Usually it’s not fancy. We’ll just pack up some leftovers or make some simple sandwiches to take to the park.
One thing I like to do though, is make one special thing for our picnics. To make every element of our meal fancy can be too much. After all, the goal for us is to just picnic frequently. But it’s pretty easy to make one thing special, and it keeps our picnics fun and interesting.
These On The Go Strawberry Cheesecakes are the perfect special thing to bring on a picnic, and they’re super easy to put together. They are simply layers of buttery graham cracker crumbs, sweetened cream cheese, and fresh strawberries. Layer them in small jars so everyone gets their own and they’re easily transportable. They are a delicious celebration of Spring and would be perfect for your Easter outings this weekend.
On The Go Strawberry Cheesecake
Prep Time / Cook Time/
Activity GuideCar Camping, Picnic
- 9 full graham crackers
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound strawberries, chopped
- Large bowl
- Rubber spatula
- Small bowl
- Small spoons
- 8 jars with lids (around 8 ounces each)
- Use something heavy like a rolling pin or can to crush graham crackers in a zip top bag. Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Beat cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon zest and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- Using small spoons, layer half each of graham cracker crumb mixture, cream cheese mixture, and strawberries in small jars. Repeat layers. Cover jars and place in a cooler until completely chilled.