Smores #1: The Classic
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time1-5 minutes
Activity GuideBike Touring, Backpacking, Car Camping
- 4 graham crackers, halved
- 1 milk chocolate bar, 1.55 ounces, quartered
- 4 marshmallows
- Take a Graham cracker half and place one of the quartered chocolate pieces on top. Set aside. This is your bottom smores layer. Repeat this process per smores.
- Push the stick through center of marshmallow until the end has completely pierced the marshmallow. The stick should be protruding out about 1/4 inch.
- Hold the stick at the opposite end of the marshmallow. Place the marshmallow over fire or embers and rotate it slowly until it starts to melt, expand and look lightly browned. This happens pretty quickly so keep your eyes on the marshmallow to avoid burning it.
- Place roasted marshmallow on top of pre-assembled bottom smores layer. Cover the marshmallow with remaining Graham cracker half. Pressing down gently on the top layer, slowly pull stick out of the marshmallow.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.