Here is the recipe for the Vermicelli Noodle Salad that went with the Asian Wraps we posted last week. It was adapted from Guy Fieri’s Dang Cold Asian Noodle Salad.
This salad is great extra cold and on its own as a light meal on a hot day, though we did put it inside our wraps when we were starving. This is another make-at-home meal that will thrill you to have out of the way so you can focus on the things your trip is really about. Running, hiking, surfing, kayaking…Get out there and get hungry!
Vermicelli Noodle Salad
Prep Time / Cook Time/
Activity GuideBike Touring, Car Camping, Picnic
- 1 package vermicelli noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil or Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sugar to taste
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced or julienned
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced or julienned
- 5 green onions, bottom 4 inches, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced or julienned
- Cutting board
- Large pot
- Medium bowl
- Large Bowl with Lid
- In a medium stock pot, boil water, and cook noodles.Follow the directions on the package, but it should only take a few minutes. Remove from heat and rinse noodles in cold water. Drain and place in large bowl that has a lid. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, hot chili oil, hoisin and extra-virgin olive oil. Mix thoroughly. Taste and add sugar if you want the dressing to be sweeter.
- Add vegetables and dressing to the noodles and toss until the dressing is evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate or put in a cooler until it’s time to serve.