Black Bean Huevos Rancheros
Prep Time / Cook Time
Bike Touring, Car Camping
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated or diced
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 lime, halved
- 4-6 corn tortillas
- salt, to taste
- Combine tomatoes, onions, jalapenos in bowl to make the fresh salsa. Squeeze lime juice over ingredients, add a pinch of salt and stir. Add more lime or salt to taste.
- Pour can of black beans into a pot and heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil to make them extra hot, and then cover and set aside.
- Crack all eggs into skillet and cook over medium heat. When the whites are almost white and opaque, sprinkle the cheese over the eggs.
- When the cheese is melted, turn off stove. Use a spatula to cut up the eggs into individual portions.
- Layer all ingredients in the following order – corn tortillas, eggs, black beans, salsa and extra toppings.