Campfire Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time / Cook Time
Bike Touring, Car Camping
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons chipotles in adobo, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into fourths
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wrap raw whole sweet potatoes in aluminum foil, and place them in your campfire, near the embers. Turn every 5 minutes until tender all the way through.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, chipotles in adobo, paprika and brown sugar. Mix together well.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the fire and unwrap. Slice open longways and add one of the butter quarters to each sweet potato.
- Add a quarter of the sour cream mixture to each sweet potato and mix in with the flesh. Add salt and pepper to taste.