Otherwise known as “The Kombooch Hooch,” this cocktail is delicious. Really.
Have you ever tried Kombucha? It is supposed to be extremely healthy, (claiming to cure all sorts of illnesses and even reverse gray hair, according to it’s Wikipedia page), but it’s a rough one flavor-wise. It pretty much tastes like flavored vinegar to me.
So when Aimee suggested making a cocktail out of it over the holidays, I was skeptical. She left the job in the hands of our resident bartender, Wes, though, who made up this truly fabulous drink.
If you’ve ever had a shrub, this is very similar. It’s only slightly sweet, and a little sparkly. It’s a refreshing daytime type of drink. Perfect for an afternoon picnic or an afternoon relaxing in your hammock at camp. It’s a great drink to include in your January activities. You know- because January is when we’re all out there getting healthier.
Cheers! We’ll see you in 2016!
Prep Time / Cook Time/
Activity GuideBike Touring, Car Camping, Day Trip, Picnic
- 1.5 ounces gin
- 1 squeeze lemon
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- About 2 ounces pomegranate kombucha (or your favorite flavor)
- 1 cup ice
- Handful of pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- 1 sprig thyme, for garnish
- Cocktail glass
- Shot glass or jigger
This recipe is written in bartender lingo.
- Fill rocks glass with “rocks” (ice).
- Add gin (to season the rocks).
- Add simple syrup.
- Squeeze lemon into glass.
- “Build it” with kombucha (fill the rest of the glass).
- Stir for coldness.
- Top with pomegranate seeds and thyme.