Prep Time / Cook Time
Day Trip, Picnic
- 2-3 bell peppers (more if they're small like mine)
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place whole peppers on a baking sheet and broil, turning once or twice, until skins are blackened and popped.
- Immediately transfer whole peppers to a bowl with a lid and leave to steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove peppers from the bowl and, using a spoon or knife, scrape the skin off. It should even be easy enough to peel away with your hands. Slice peppers open and remove seeds and stems.
- Place roasted peppers and all other ingredients into the food processor, and blend until mostly smooth.
- Transfer dip to a portable container and garnish the top with a few extra chopped walnuts and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Serve with pita or crackers.