Roasted Tomato Pasta Salad
About 8 servings
Prep Time / Cook Time
Car Camping, Picnic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mayo or Vegenaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound pasta
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- a couple big handfuls of fresh basil
- At home, preheat oven to 225°. Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with some salt and pepper. Bake for 2-3 hours, or until the tomatoes shrivel a little bit.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Rinse well in cold water and drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the mayo, salt, black pepper and garlic in a small bowl.
- Combine the pasta, mayo mixture, roasted tomatoes, olives and bell pepper in a large bowl. Toss well and refrigerate until ready to eat. Garnish with fresh basil.