January is almost over. The holidays are officially over, and we’re starting to settle into this new year. For us, we started with a big bang. We’re in the middle of executing a lot of our goals all at once, and that momentum has created even more amazing opportunities. I don’t want it to end, but that means we gotta keep working hard. We can’t just settle in. We have to stay focused on the future, which seems like it’s going to be pretty awesome!
I bought soba noodles this week, because I want to cook more at home. I cook outside because I have to, and it’s part of the excitement of going outside. But I am pretty lame at home. I have lots of recipes to try, and one is this Tahini Soba Noodle Salad. It’s Mai-yan’s recipe. It’s delicious. And it’s perfect if you’re trying to find a healthy recipe to keep you on track, or if you’re trying to find the perfect picnic/camping recipe to take on your next backcountry ski trip. It’s always nice to have something bright and fresh in the winter.
Do you have any bright fresh recipes that we should test out? Send ’em on over. If we like ’em, we’ll post ’em!
Tahini Soba Noodle Salad
Prep Time / Cook Time/
Activity GuideBike Touring, Car Camping, Picnic
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 9.5 ounce package soba noodles
- ½ cup tahini
- ⅔ to ¾ cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Large pot
- Small bowl
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse well with cold water.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Mix tahini, lemon juice, honey, and ⅔ cup water together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Thin the dressing with additional water if needed.
- Combine noodles, veggies and dressing in a big bowl, tossing to coat well.