Prep Time / Cook Time
Bike Touring, Car Camping
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 jalapenos
- 3 garlic cloves, whole and with skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in the cast iron skillet on a grate over a campfire. You could also do this on a stovetop.
- Toss in tomatoes, whole jalapenos and whole garlic cloves.
- Cook the mixture over the campfire until the tomatoes break apart and turn saucy. Remove from heat.
- Remove the jalapenos and garlic from the mixture and finely chop them. Add them back to the tomatoes and stir to combine the mixture. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl to serve.